Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Day Crit

Memorial day was pretty nice. Nice weather that is.... perfect for a race even as early as 7:40am, which was when my race started. Bigger field than what I was used to (72 racers) compared to before, but made sure to stay within the first 10-15 people or so, to avoid the messy-ness and figidy people in the back. Was also stoked that my parents made it out and it was the first time they saw me race which was cool. Finished in 6th which I was somewhat content with, earning some points towards the cat3 upgrade (which is my next goal). However, looking back and thinking about coming out of the final turn into the straight away for the sprint, I made the mistake of not having a wheel to follow. From what I remember we came out of the last turn and I think I came around someone right away, or I was alone for the sprint. What I should have done was set myself up a little better before that last turn and position myself so that I had a wheel to follow until 100m or so to go. Legs are feeling good. I'm having lots of fun racing and riding in general. Looking forward to summer rides!






photo: Davis

Can't wait for Chcuk to come up here to SF and show him some beautiful rides around the bay. Maybe we'll go to a race or two.... Might also head down to southern california to race with Ryan....we will see.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment