Tuesday, August 3, 2010

San Marcos Crit

So a couple of weeks ago Saskia and myself drove down to LA to visit some friends and I also planned on racing down in northern San Diego with Chcuk and Ryan from Las Vegas. Long story short, it was my very first cat3 race and I was pretty excited for it, especially because I was going finally race with Chcuk! Anyway, about 10 minutes into the race my gears started to play tricks on me, skipping up and down, and then finally just not shifting... before I know it, I look up and the race is down the road. Bummer. I managed to finish the race however, with access to only a couple of working gears. I guess it's important to note that there was a short and punchy climb on the backside of the 1.7 mile course which presented a problem for me with my messed up drivetrain. When I got back home, I realized my rear derailleur cable was fraying all over the place inside the hood. Need to grease that more often, thanks to the tip of Travis from Freewheel. Good thing that cable didn't snap during the race! Nonetheless, we all had a good time racing and hanging out, even though it was just for the day. We'll all be racing together again in September here in the bay area, which should be lots of fun.

-As always, thanks a bunch to Saskia for driving and taking photos =)


Ryan in the 4's





Myself





Chcuk

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment