Monday, January 11, 2010

Early Bird Crit #2



Not much to report from this past weekend's race except that I was unfortunately involved at the tail end of a crash that occurred somewhere near the front. The blockage up front and in the middle kind of happened in a blur and almost in slow motion, and before I knew it I was OTB. Oh well, bike is okay I think, and I walked away with a bruised hip and some road rash, and I'm having a hard time walking up my stairs! Hopefully everyone else involved in the chunk of the crash is doing okay. Rainier took a small spill as well, but he and I, along with the few others got back into the race and finished. Hmmm, maybe I could have been more aware of what was happening in front of me? Maybe. Probably. Or maybe not too, who knows. Just sucks, but what can you do? I guess sometimes you just can't do anything to avoid a crash. Let's get back on the bike and keep riding.






















Not sure what category Rainier raced in his other race, but he's taking it easy on the competition!


(Photos: Saskia)

No comments:

Post a Comment