Saturday, January 2, 2010

San Bruno Hill Climb

Got up at the crack of dawn on the first day of 2010 to race my first race. It was tough and I think I got spit out the back after the first part of the climb. Then I realized I was an idiot for wearing my arm and leg warmers because almost instantaneously I was burning up! Oh well, I clawed back up to a group up the road and maintained the whole way up. The course went flat for a little bit and then gradually ramped up. Rainier got up front from the start looked to me like he stayed there. Connor did well too in the Pro 1/2 and got 3rd place I think. Good job guys! The last stretch was flat and I didn't know how far it was after the end of the climb but then I crossed the finish line and that was that. Lots of fun and I will probably take part in this hill climb again next year. Stay tuned to see how the early bird crit series goes... Hope everyone had a good New Year's day...















(Photos: Saskia)

No comments:

Post a Comment