Saturday, February 20, 2010

Catching up...







Late on the race report from last weekend but long story short, Rainier and I got up super early again (as with all races), drove a couple hours to Coalinga, and raced in the Cantua Creek RR. It was a 13 mile out and back course with some rollers and an uphill finish that seemed kind of long at some parts. The wind was a slight factor mostly during the flat sections, and I can only imagine what it felt to go on a solo break. Rainier raced in the 4's and got 8th, while I raced in the 5's and ended up 4th. Felt pretty good with my effort during the last uphill stretch and I was actually surprised that many of the strong looking guys blew up near the finish. I rode the wheel of the kid who ended up getting second, up until the last couple of meters and we all gave it a good effort so I'm content. Things will get a little faster and tougher now, as I upgraded to a 4. We'll see how it goes!

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment