Saturday, February 20, 2010

To Danville.... I mean Mt. Diablo






















Didn't expect to slide on the ground on my whole left side, embarking on this ride.... I'm actually writing this post because I'm home and not racing or riding. Also didn't expect to ride with Mr. Fast Freddy Rodriguez of Rock Racing haha. I got a lot more jacked than I thought, but still had fun nonetheless. I won't regurgitate the details, but the short version is that four of us went down on some slippery muddy surface around this left hand turn and it sucked. Bunch of road rash, "hippers", and I think a popped out shoulder (Blake is savage for continuing to ride with a messed up shoulder)? A road rashed/bruised/swollen hip is very uncomfortable to have when you're trying to sleep or even get out and about. Let's get better and ready for Merced next weekend!

-Joe

3 comments:

  1. dude - it's like we're living in parallels... kinda creepy really.
    just experienced the SAME thing, sans group of pros ;).
    i even have a dent in my helmet now.

    /battlescars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, glad to hear it wasn't more serious. The weather was much better on Wednesday when I was up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah well it kind of wasn't that bad. but then i wake up the next day and im in all kinds of pain in addition to the road rash. oh well.

    ReplyDelete