Monday, February 8, 2010

Cherry Pie Crit 2010

Novelo and I rolled up to Napa bright and early for the race. He wasn't sure if he was going to race, and ended up not participating. Oh well, next time Novelo! The course was fun, and a nice change of pace from the Early Bird course in Fremont. With a uphill section leading to a U-Turn, it was interesting and I had fun racing. I felt like I could have moved up a little bit earlier than I did during the last lap, but ended up getting a little pinched at the S curve section before the final uphill to the finish. Still managed to come up through the pack and ended up 9th right behind Kevin. Lesson learned with moving up earlier during the finishing moments, and I can't wait to try a few things differently in some upcoming races. Rainier raced in the 4's and did well too, finishing 11th! Beautiful day in Napa...






Juniors start line



Mr. Focused












Strong finishers in Elite 4

-Joe

2 comments: